You want to replace your old door locks with new ones and not sure which ones to get. People are switching to the keyless door locks to make life easy on the entire family. The keyless door locks require no key to gain entry into the home. This means you do not have to carry a key or even risk losing a key. No need to hide a key under the rock by the porch just in case you lock yourself out of the home.
To help you out we want to look at what is out there for keyless door locks. Here is breakdown of ratings, what the door lock offers and customer questions on the best locks in the market.
Schlage FE595 CAM 619 GEO Camelot Keypad
This lock works well with the doorknob and is not really meant for replacing the deadbolt. If you have a deadbolt and door handle lock then this one is not for you. You would use Schlage FE595 keyless door lock for a door with just a doorknob lock to replace.
Rating: With over 500 reviews this lock has a rating of 80% 5 stars and 12% 4 stars
- This is a keyless system but does also have a place for a key if you prefer that
- Great for home protection on all doors from back door to the front door.
- This has one of the biggest adjustable bolts on the market to help thwart a kick-in
- The code is pre-set with six-digit programming code and it has two pre-set unique four-digit user codes
- Turn lock feature will let you lock the door then leave with no key. That is awesome especially if you have kids or teens
- You can install with a screw driver in your current door in 30 to 45 minutes. It will just depend on how handy you are with tools
- No worries since the lock is ANSI/BHMA grade 2 certified so it has been tested and works like it should
- Battery operated but the battery should last 3 years or more
- The keypad lights up at night so you can see it
- You can easily add or delete codes right on the keypad
- When taking the old door knob out and replacing with this door lock do the holes line up to fit? Do you need to resize? The answer is it comes with two striker plates, one for square edge opening and one for a rounded edge opening. This does have two locking assemblies.
- Does this need a battery? Yes, it needs a 9 volt battery but a battery comes with the lock purchase.
- The keypad and lock does it make a beeping noise or locking noise when using? It does but the sound is not loud enough for any neighbors to hear it for like a high rise or condo setting.
- I have a deadbolt and a doorknob does this product work with that set up? No, this is for door with just a door knob this is not replacing a doorknob and dead bolt.
Schlage BE365VCAM619 Camelot Keypad Deadbolt
This lock would be great to replace the dead bolt lock. You can keep the current door knob and just use this one to replace the dead bolt. This lock works well and is really pretty easy to use. I also think the installation is pretty straight forward.
Rating: With over 4700 reviews this lock has a rating of 78% 5 stars and 12% 4 stars
- This will fit standard doors
- You can create up to 19 access codes for friends and family
- This installs quickly with no wiring needed
- The keypad is silicone coated so the numbers will not wear off from use
- No need to have a key or hide a spare key outside
- Key pad is back-lit for easy viewing
- There is a low battery indicator
- Pre-programmed with 2 access codes so you can use it right away
- Grade 2 ANSI/BHMA certified
- Does the lock have an auto lock feature? No, you have to manually lock or unlock with the code or key.
- We heard if this gets wet the unit will burn out and not work, is that true? Users have had these for years in rain and snow with no issues.
- Is this lock bump key proof? Yes, one of the owners tried using their bump key to open the lock and that did not work. Nothing is guaranteed but this lock is really secure.
- What is the size of the actual bolt? The bolt itself is an oval shape with flat sides. The width is 5/8″ and the height is 3/4″ and extends 1″ from the door.
Video for install of Schlage BE365VCAM619 Camelot Keypad Deadbolt
August Smart Lock Pro + Connect – 3rd Gen Technology
This lock is an add-on to your existing deadbolt on your door. That makes installation easy because you just attach it. Nothing complicated with this install unless the deadbolt does not align well with the hole in the strike plate.
Rating: With over 700 reviews this lock has a rating of 68% 5 stars and 13% 4 stars
- This does work with an Alexa for voice control
- Use your phone to track who shows up and who is leaving.
- You can keep your current lock and keys. This easily attaches to the existing deadbolt.
- The door is smart will lock the door behind you when you leave. It will also unlock the door for you when you get close to home.
- Simple installation all you need a screwdriver and 10 minutes.
- Use DoorSense which tells you if door is securely closed and locked.
- This will work with Alexa, Siri and Google Home.
If someone shouts out to Alexa to open the door won’t the door be unlocked? No you have a specific command that will be required with a passcode.
Is this more reliable the 2nd Gen? Yes the third generation has gotten much better.
Does door automatically lock when you come home and close the door? The lock can be set to lock automatically once a certain amount of time has passed.
Honest Video Review:
Ardwolf A10 Fingerprint Touchscreen Smart Door Lock
If you are looking for advanced door locks then this one will be of interest. You can use your fingerprint to unlock your front door. It stores up to 256 finger prints so no worries if you have a large family. People really liked how this door lock with scanner worked.
Rating: With over 50 reviews this lock has a rating of 76% 5 stars and 12% 4 stars
- This has an intuitive OLED display so on the touchscreen you can add or delete users
- The smart door lock can hold 256 fingerprints
- It can have 300 users defined
- 4-12 digit codes
- Works for children and the elderly
- You can program it for double verification mode like fingerprint and user code
- There are also 2 mechanical keys
- Has an audit trail feature that allows you to track entry record
- Does have passage mode which is where the door will stay unlocked during this mode
- Memory function if system reset or power turns off it will not lose the fingerprints or user codes in the system
- Will display low battery level
- Adjustable backset 2-3/8” or 2-3/4”, Fit door thickness between 1-3/8” and 2-3/8”
Can you use this lock for your outside door? Yes, people have used it for the outside door with no issues but users have said if there is heavy rain and it is exposed you may run into an issue. I have a porch so this would not affect my lock.
What is the dimension of the lock? The outside measures about 8 1/4″ the inside is only about 5 1/4″.
Can I just use a fingerprint to unlock or do I have to also enter the code? You just need to do one or the other you do not need to do both.
Harfo HL91 Fingerprint Touchscreen Keyless Door Lock
People love how this looks on the door and said it was easy to set up. The fingerprint touchscreen once set up is easy for the whole family to use. Having the OLED display with it walking you through the process is great.
Rating: With 8 customer reviews this lock has a rating of 75% 5 stars and 25% 4 stars
- You get great flexibility with access because you can use fingerprint, access cards (3 included), code (4-12 digit), key and the backup key to get in through the door
- The OLED display plus a voice guide to walk you through the set up process
- Reversible handle for left or right handled doors
- Works for kids and elderly
- Has a deadbolt button that allows only the admin users to have access
- Track unlock record
- You can have it lock free with passage mode
- User blacklist to ban user unlock
- Will need to drill one extra hole to install
- Fit the U.S. standard knob hole size.(diam 2-1/8″ 54mm)
- Adjustable single latch: 2-3/8″(60mm) to 2-3/4″(70mm)
- Fit door thickness from 1-3/8 inch(35mm) to 2-1/6 inch(55mm)
- Lock size: 68.5mm*183mm*78mm(WLH)
Is this weather proof? You can have it outside but needs to be on a porch where it will not get directly rained on
Can self-lock be turned off? Yes, you can turn it off and switch to always unlocked mode
What types of RFID cards are compatible with this lock? You need to use the 13.56 MHz M1 card
Will this work for both left and right hand doors? Yes, it can be switched to use whatever one you need
All of these keyless door locks will work great for what you need. You just need to decide which one is the best for you. A few locks with all the electronics you do not want them in the rain so if you do not have a porch you have to use one of the other locks. That is why we gave you the six best we could find on the market so you could find one of the six that will work the best. Check each one out and make a decision because going keyless is awesome. You can check out our recommended security products page to find more ways to secure your home.