Everyone has a lock on their door the question is will that lock keep a burglar or intruder out of your home. There are two ways to get into a locked door. Burglars will kick in the back door or use a bump key to get into a home.
Stop a Burglar from Kicking in Your Door
How do you stop someone from kicking in the door? You have to reinforce your door jams weakest part the doorknob area. You can use the Door Armor product to help stop someone from kicking in your door.
This is a really great product that I use and it can stop a burglar from entering your home through a door. Let’s look at some of the things this Door Armor can do.
- THE ULTIMATE DOOR REINFORCER: Door Armor MAX is a 3-piece door reinforcement kit that makes even an ordinary door into a barrier that can’t be breached even using battering rams and other tools.
- DIY HOME SECURITY FOR EVERYONE: You don’t need to only rely on a home security system to keep your home safe. Anyone can install the Door Armor MAX with a power drill and 30 minutes of time. Detailed instructions included in your order.
- $500 LIFETIME SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: If someone breaks through a door reinforced with the Door Armor MAX, Armor Concepts will refund your purchase and send you a $500 check. That’s how confident we are in this product.
- MAKE YOUR HOME YOUR CASTLE: Door Armor works by reinforcing the weak points in your door. Even a 12-year-old can kick down the typical front door. Door Armor MAX works by reinforcing the area around the lock, the jamb, and the hinges
- PREVENTING ENTRY PREVENTS BURGLARY AND HOME INVASION: Over 75% of burglars enter through the front door. Preventing home entry prevents burglary and dangerous confrontations with criminals.
Door locks to stop Key Bumping
You may be asking what is lock bumping or what a 999/rapping key is. This is the process where criminals take a special key, using a bumping technique to unlock cylinder and deadbolt locks.
Let’s look at the Some Key Information:
- With a bump key, a criminal can open your door in less than 15 seconds
- This will not show any signs of forced entry, so you would not know if someone robbed you until you noticed the items were missing
- Lock bumping is so easy that even kids can do it
- These bump keys can be easily bought online or made quickly
Bump Resistant Dead Bolt Lock
This would be the first thing you would want to do to secure your doors from a thief using a bump key. These high-security cylinders are much harder to use a bump key to open. The UL rating on these locks is 437. The manufacturers have started by adding anti bump pins to the cylinders to make bumping harder. Another measure has been to drill one of the pin stacks shallower than the others making it very difficult for the bump key to bump that pin to open the lock. You can check out this lock Dead Bolt Single Cylinder Keyed – Grade 2.
This lock will work great for your front and back door. It is a deadbolt type of lock not like the newer ones we suggest below.
- CUSTOMIZED (FREE) MIX AND MATCH TO WORK WITH 1 SAME KEY: Whether you order 1 TOLEDO lock set or 10, we’ll custom-adjust every lever or deadbolt, no matter the color finish, to work with 1 key unique to your order. 100% free.
- PROVEN TO STOP BURGLARS – Thanks To Virtually Bump Proof Anti-Pick Inner Pins, You’ll Appreciate The Higher Security And Peace Of Mind, You Won’t Find Vulnerable Key-Smart Tech Here!
- ADDS ELEGANCE AND TRUSTWORTHY SECURITY TO YOUR DOORS: Handsome Design & Finish Are Absolutely Beautiful & Provides A Rich Complementary Look. Armed With Modern Pinning Security, You Can Rest Assured With Real Peace Of Mind.
- WILL FIT ON YOUR DOOR – Works With Pre-drilled Holes For Quick Replacements Plus 1″ Locking Bolt Kit Fits All Standard Backsets (2 3/8″ 60mm – 2 3/4″ 70mm) For Doors (1 3/8″ 35mm to 1 3/4″ 45mm) Thick
- TOLEDO QUALITY ASSURANCE POLICY – This product will preserve finish and functionality for as long as you own it.
Bump Resistant Smart Lock
You can also go the route of new technology adding a smart lock to your doors. This would replace the old locks that were susceptible to lock bumping. You can check out the Schlage Touch Camelot lock below which has great reviews.
This got really high reviews so if you are looking for a tech door deadbolt this is the one for you.
- Grade 2 Security Rating keyless convenience – no more keys to lose, hide, carry or forget
- 2-year battery life with 9V battery backup
- LED Down Lighting on the numbers and lever. Dedicated icons for low battery and programming mode
- Exterior dimensions: 3 inches x 5.4 inches x 5.2 inches
Nightlock Security Barricade
You can use this for french doors or for the front and back door. No one can kick in the door with this night security lock. Keep your family safe by installing Nightlock Barricade at each door.
- Easy installation! Minimal tools to install – drill, bit, and screwdriver!
- Made of Solid Aluminum with Anodized Finish!
- Base plate height of 7/16″ Requires at least a 1/2″ clearance between the bottom of the door and the floor